Saturday, September 19, 2009

Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen







We had a family member that had not come to visit us in a good number of years. Keith had traveled all 50 states & we wanted to provide him with an exceptional experience of the excellent dining experience of Houston. We questioned him giving him all types of suggestions. Then I remembered that my friend Kyle Teas owner of Danton’s Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen had announced on FB that blue crabs had come in today for a limited time. When I mentioned blue crabs, Keith’s eyes lit up. We decided to give Danton’s a try with their blue crabs. We were quickly greeted by Kyle and April pleasantly waited on us. We started with several orders of his famous crab cakes lightly sautéed flattened patties made with blue crab claw meat & kernels of roasted corn & fresh bread crumbs and a tangy garlic remoulade sauce. Keith ordered 2 BBQ blue crabs, David ordered the halibut which he described as a stuffed filet topped with a garlic creamy crab meat sauce with capers, dirty rice on the side. Not being a seafood lover I nervously scanned the menu until my eyes settled on the certified Black Angus filet at the bottom of the menu. When I tasted the steak it literally melted in my mouth. I loved the taste of smoke from the oak and hickory wood. Best French fries that I have eaten in a long time too. We finished our meal (no doggy bags here) with an order of raspberry crème brulee and Patsy’s chocolate cake and the most delicious chocolate banana martini. An exceptional dinner – two thumbs up.

Danton’s Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen
4611 Montrose Blvd.
Houston, Tx 77006
(713) 807-8883

No comments:

Post a Comment